Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Year, old me


Chris and I rang in the new year painting the den. It was actually the most fun I've had in awhile. (what does that say about my life). But really. I laughed and laughed. I'm excited about whatever this year has in store. Whatever it is, I know it will be interesting...

We had a wonderful Christmas. It was really nice not to rush around to a million different places and to kind of enjoy our time with the girls. Between Caroline's birthday and Christmas our house is literally full of toys and other stuff. I'm really ashamed of it all. I don't want them thinking that this is what Christmas is about. I have to have a serious talk with Chris' mom about all the buying. We did Christmas at their house the Sunday before Christmas and she bought Caroline more than Santa brought both girls combined. It was out of control. Needless to say the majority of it got lost in transit. No kid should own that much stuff.

We took Ci and Josie to see Santa the week before Christmas and the photo is the funniest thing I've ever seen. Ci was pumped to see Santa and unload her wish list on him. Well, until we were next in line to see him. She just froze and looked at her daddy and said "I don't want to go". Notice she said that to him because she knew I was going to make her. Chris got her to sit on the little seat beside Santa and after the girl had taken the photo I had to pick her up and carry her away because she was literally frozen. After we walked away she looked at me and said "Well, I guess I'm still a little shy."

They are lots of fun and I love them to the moon and back.

Love to all Pin It

No comments: