Sunday, July 10, 2011

When you're dumb, you gotta be tough....

16.
This week Chirs moved my laundry room so I can FINALLY have a REAL sewing room. YAY!!!! So I decided that I needed to help but since I can't install plumbing or run wiring I just pretty much supervised all week. Until Friday. Friday I got to help. We were supposed to go out to dinner for our anniversary that night and I had enough time to spray all of these cracks in the floor with that spray foam stuff. So I sprayed. And sprayed. And I thought I was doing a real bang up job, especially since I was smoothing it out with my hand as I went.... Then Chris walks in and says "You know you're not supposed to get that on your skin, don't you?" Well, NO.... I didn't know that. But I figure it's just going to wash off and he's being dramatic. So I finish foaming everything up and go wash my hands. But it doesn't wash off. Not only does it not wash off but it gets even more sticky. So sticky that when I pick up a towel the towel sticks to my hands. Uh Oh. So I break out the paint thinner. Paint thinner gets everything off.... except super sticky spray foam. Nothing. Not even a little better. So I start freaking out a little. I could handle something stuck to my hands, but not being able to touch anything without sticking to it was HORRIBLE! And so I decided to let the crap dry. And it dried. And my hands looked like I had contracted some nasty disease. Actually I've been peeling the glue stuff off and scrubbing my hands with a pumice stone for two days and I still have some glue on them. I am a moron. So if you were thinking about using spray foam be sure you don't scrape it up with your bare hands. Because that is a pretty stupid idea.

17.
I have nearly as many Halloween decorations as I do Christmas decorations. I realized this after cleaning out ((again)) the laundry room (the NEW laundry room... YAY!). How did that even happen? So I have to throw some stuff out. I have all kinds of crap. Who needs three HUGE bins of Halloween decorations? I guess I do, kinda. But not really.

18.
This crazy woman is one happy chicka! Pin It

No comments: